Youth Legend is organizing 5 days 3rd Nepal Thailand Exchange Program from 9th September – 13th September 2019. The exchange program holds noble aspiration of connecting young people of Nepal with possibilities and inspirations in different corners of the globe to help them connect and establish amicability and lasting network amongst each other with the sense of cross-cultural understanding and compassion.
Date: 9th September– 13th September 2019
Departure to Thailand: 9 September 2019
Arrival to Nepal: 13 September 2019
Destinations: Bangkok, Pattaya Thailand
Maximum Participants: 10 – 15 only
“Initially, I was reluctant to join the program, as it was completely new & unfamiliar to me. But I did take a chance, had loads of memories. It’s not just a trip, it’s a huge learning opportunity, networking opportunity, and an adventure. You befriend completely new people, make a bond, explore new places & new activities, get a tour & interact with international students in one of the reputed University, get inside an organization & learn their in-doings and have the best time of your life with this mini family. People wanting to get out of their comfort zone, wanting to develop entrepreneurial, networking, leadership traits would benefit the most. Rather than a vacation, it’s a learning trip, where one can learn and explore new things every day. I am glad that I joined this Exchange Program, worth a shot, I feel enlightened in these 5 days, felt like those 5 days ended too soon. And I hope to be part of yet another such programs organized by these people. Thank You Youth Legend, Glad to be a part of this small family. 🙂 People, just give it a go, you can always earn those money back, don’t just sit back & let go of this opportunity.” Sameer Shrestha, Entrepreneur
“The journey to Thailand was my life changing learning experience. In this trip, I not only explored new place, new people, new culture but a new me.”First and foremost, I want take a moment to thank Youth Legend Nepal for giving me the opportunity to learn and explore beyond academics. Visit to the local University, organization and company have stricken me to wake up with a new idea to move forward to develop my career. Building up a network with different kinds of people enhanced my confidence level. Ample of memories of this program will always be holding my heart for the lifetime.” Sristi Dumre, Student
- Experiential learning, Educational exchange
- Meeting and interactions with organizations startups for knowledge exchange, broadening understanding and networking
- Bangkok city tour in traditional Thai boat around many cultural heritage sites, developed area and slum areas
- Team building and leadership activity in beach
- Parasailing in the beautiful Coral Island, Speed boat ride
- Local cultural immersion
- Class on Thai traditional Boxing “Muay Thai”
Expected Participants: Students, aspiring entrepreneur, travel enthusiast, young professionals, experts aged 16 to 40 years
International exchange is the experiential learning program where the participant will spend 5 days in Thailand broaden their knowledge and understanding, increase tolerance, compassion, empathy and acceptance. They will be the part of local, cultural immersion, visit local organizations, learn about local context of women, youth, entrepreneurship in south asia, take parts in workshops and interactions programs on entrepreneurship, teambuilding and leadership, and visit local places which will help build global networking opportunity.
The general objective of the exchange program is to promote international educational and cultural exchange to develop mutual understanding between the people of Nepal and other countries. Other objective of the camp is to increase knowledge and understanding of history, culture, economy of different countries in the world, develop cross cultural understanding, global friendship, understanding global issues, increasing tolerance, self confidence, self esteem, problem solving skills, tolerance, team building etc.
Exchange Program is common in many countries around the world. Young people go for exchange during summer or winter breaks or they also take a gap year to spend their time in a new country and for many people, it is a life-changing experience. We have come up with International Youth Exchange to facilitate the youth of Nepal to have the same experience. High School / Campus students are the ones who can benefit a lot from International Exchange program as they will be the part of local, cultural immersion, visit local organizations, learn about local context of women, youth, entrepreneurship in south asia, take parts in workshops and interactions programs on entrepreneurship, teambuilding and leadership, and visit local places which will help build global networking opportunity.
Along with the above mentioned once in a lifetime opportunities, the participant, will not only represent their Country in an international platform but will also carry the pride of their County.
Program Fee: 69,999 NRs
PROGRAM FEE INCLUDES:
- Support and care from two professional team members of Youth Legend. They will go with you and handle immigration and guide you throughout the program. For this exchange, two people who are going with you are CEO of youth Legend Sudha Subedi and COO, Mohan Ghimire.
- Economy Two-way flight tickets from Nepal to Thailand
- All the visa fees
- Breakfast, lunch, Dinner
- Travel insurance with coverage up to 50 lakh Nepali Rupees
- All local transportation during road trip and travel to different cities
- Air-conditioned Accommodation on room sharing basis with the same gender
- Speed boat ride to pattaya and Parasailing in the sea
- Visit to various places, organizations, and cultural sites.
- Bangkok city tour by traditional Thai boat around many cultural heritage sites, local areas etc
- Support from team leader
- Basic First Aid during injury or medicine during need
- Various team building activities during the program, Local trek, cultural immersion, interaction with the locals
- Tshirt and Cap
WHY SHOULD YOU GO ON THIS EXCHANGE PROGRAM?
You should go on the exchange program because of the impact it can create in your life and all the benefits it has.
“Nepal Thailand Exchange program was a fun – learning experience for me. I was amazed to see a new side of me, at a completely new country and with people from absolutely different backgrounds. For me, meeting the young CEOs of various organizations like ACHIEVE and Green Peace Foundation, interacting with them and knowing their struggle stories from themselves back in Thailand was an amazing experience. Similarly, the university students that we had a discussion with also came from different countries of the world with their own perspectives, visions and motives towards their own fields of interest. While I was in Thailand , I often used to compare Nepal with it on the basis of development and found out that there is a lot to look forward to in Nepal from systematic traffic roads to involvement of youths in entrepreneurship.
Adding up, I would like to remember the blissful speed boat rides, the breath taking view of the Coral island while flying high in the air during parasailing and touching the floor of the ocean during sea walking. Not forgetting the energizing session of Muay Thai where we learned tips and tricks on self-defense from the renowned boxing champions. Furthermore, from receiving the warm hospitality to coping up with a little bit of language barrier every time with a smile, precious five days at Thailand came to an end with a blink of an eye.
If you love to learn and explore a new place with similar interesting people like you, GO FOR IT.
After all, as life is all about gaining experiences to look back one day, gain yours.Thank you Youth Legend for coming up with the innovation.”,
Shreya Parajuli, Student
Read the benefits of exchange program below:
Youth who go for foreign exchange program develop an excellent measure of personal flexibility, encompassing an ability to reach compromise, focus and succeed through challenging times. They are more comfortable in ‘foreign’ environment, become aware of career and further study option which they didn’t know existed. This will go on their resume and hence will help for career growth. This will also increase your chance for visa acceptance to other developed countries.
Other Personal and Educational Benefits
- Self-development and awareness leading to enhanced self-confidence and self-esteem. This is often the most noticeable change in returned exchange participants.“Travel is more than seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.”, Mirina Beard
- Broader General knowledge and understanding of the global issue. Enhance your knowledge and understanding by learning about the rich history of different countries.
“What one learns in a classroom is a very small part of learning process. The real learning starts when one crosses borders and travels miles for the real knowledge.”,Vivek Sahni
- Enhancement in your leadership, team building, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Increased acceptance, tolerance of an array of different cultural and community perspectives
- Maturity and social poise, fuelled by the necessity to confront challenges outside a familiar support network and comfort zone.
- Develop skills to deal with change
- Global awareness (cross-cultural skills and communication)
- Global networking opportunities
- Experience culture and countries in the most authentic way
- Long lasting memories and Global friendship
About the Organizer
The organizer of International Exchange 2018 is Youth Legend. Youth Legend is a social enterprise established on May 2014 to create impacts in the lives of young people around the world. Youth Legend works in 3 core areas of International Exchange, Youth Empowerment and Psychosocial wellbeing. After organizing series of International Youth Camp in Nepal since 2015 bringing people around the world, we are embarking in the journey of international exchange since June 2018.
More information about us: .http://www.youthlegend.com/about-youth-legend/
HOW TO APPLY?
You need to fill up the application form and apply. Click here to apply
You will get the selection email if you are selected for the program and further process will be sent to you.
For more information or queries, Click here to see our Frequently Asked Question
HERE ARE SOME INSPIRATIONS FOR YOU TO APPLY: